Friday, May 19, 2006

I'm a 90's Kid

Just because you were born in '92 doesn't mean you're a 90's kid.

It's not like you could remember the original Simpsons. I am sorry but three conscious years of the nineties just wont cut it.

You're a 90's kid if:

You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE!"

You can sing the rap to "The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air"

You remember when Kurt Cobain, Tupac, River Phoenix, and Selena died.

You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey from "Blossom" and that "How Rude!" comes from Stephanie from "Full House"

You remember when it was actually worth getting up early
on a Saturday to watch cartoons.


You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

You used an actualy Floppy "floppy" disc with the hole in the center

You remember reading "Goosebumps"

You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, wax off"

You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.

You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.

you danced to "wannabe" by the Spice Girls, Females: had a new motto, Males: got a whole lot gay-er. (so tell me what you want, what you really really want.)

You remember the craze then the banning of slap bracelets and slam books.

You still get the urge to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence...Not...

Where in the world is Carmen San Diego? was both a game and a TV game show.

Captain Planet.

You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the red* Ranger were meant to be together.

To the last sentence you said.....hey...Tommy was the green* ranger!!!!

*later to be white

When playing power rangers with friends you fought over who got to be who............and still all ended up being tommy.

You remember when super nintendo's became popular.

pressing "A,B, Up, Down, A, B, Left, Right, A, B, START" on your nintendo controller got you infinite lives.

Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were the best games to challenge friends.

Blowing into your nintendo and the game cartridge magically made them work!

Playing TMNT on the arcade machine with four friends playing at the same time.

Virtual Boy

Game Boy

You remember watching Home Alone 1 and 2........and tried to pull the pranks on "intruders"

"I've fallen and I can't get up"

You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates

Two words... Trapper Keeper.

You ever got injured on a Slip 'n' Slide

You wore socks over leggings scrunched down

"Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack, all dressed in black, black, black, with silver buttons, buttons, buttons, all down her back, back, back" SHE ASKED HER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER FOR FIFTY CENTS CENTS CENTS TO SEE THE ELEPHANTS PHANTS PHANTS JUMP OVER THE FENCE THE FENCE THE FENCE
he jumped so high high high he touched the sky sky sky and he didnt come back back back til the forth of july ly ly he jumped so low ow ow he stubbed his toe toe toe and thats the end end end of the elephants show show show

You remember boom boxes vs. cd players

You remember New Kids on The Block when they were cool

You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell"

You voted to make the new M&M color blue or purple

You played and or collected "Pogs"

You had at least one Tamagotchi, GigaPet or Nano and brought it everywhere

You watched the original Care Bears, My Little Pony, and Ninja Turtles

NANCY DREW AND THE HARDY BOYS WERE THE BEST MYSTERY BOOKS

Yikes pencils and erasers were the stuff!

All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank" brand.(pencils.notebooks.binders.etc.)

You remember when the new Beanie Babies were always sold out.

You used to wear those stick on earings, not only on your ears, but at the corners of your eyes.

You remember a time before the WB.

You've gotten creeped out by "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"

You know the Macarena by heart.

"Talk to the hand" ... enough said

You thought Brain woud finally take over the world

You always said, "Then why don't you marry it!"

You remember when everyone went slinky crazy.

You remember when razor scooters were cool.

when we were younger:

Before the MySpace frenzy.

Before the Internet & text messaging.

Before Sidekicks & iPods.

Before MIKE JONES

Before PlayStation2 or X-BOX.

WHEN LIGHT UP SNEAKERS WERE KOOL

When you rented VHS tapes, not DVDs.

You had a pogo-ball (the toy that had a ring around the ball that you stood on the lip of so you could bounce around)

When gas was $0.95 a gallon & Caller ID was a new thing.

When we recorded stuff on VCRs & paid $3.50 for a movie.

When we called the radio station to request songs to hear off our walkmans.

When 2Pac and Biggie where alive.

When the Chicago Bulls were the best team ever.


bill-nye the science guy.

MR RODGERS!!!!

gulah gulah island


When Toys R Us overuled the mall.


act like you didn't watch afro-king BOB ROSS paint trees on T.V.


Hey there Dahra, how have you been? I hope everything has been well with you. Read the following, I am sure u agree with a few of these statements!

Beavis and Butthead were popular to watch on MTV

....so was the Real World

DID I DO THAAAAAAAAAT???

smud and yak back. skip it and bop it.


Before we realized all this would eventually disappear

who would have thought you'd miss the 90's so much!!!!!


Your a 90's kid when you read this and smiled and laughed at least 5 of these.



I had a Yak Back. I watched Bill Nye the Science Guy. I was entertained by the Power Rangers, however did not play them in school. I enjoyed watching the Chicago Bulls play in the playoffs and win. I miss having cartoons worth while to watch on TV especially now that I have an avid cartoon watching two year old myself. Except, she watches real things, educational things, and she loves it. I still sometimes watch the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and sing along to it, and do the Carleton. I did collect pogs and pull them out every now and then for a little reminder of what being young and innocent really was. I had a GigaPet, I actually had two, and we would get in so much trouble for taking those stupid things to school. Oh yea…I had Yikes Pencils, pencil grips, erasers, everything. I miss the 90’s, I miss the innocence it brought a long with it. Those times are gone, way gone, and they are not coming back. It’s sad. It’s something that I wish my daughter would have the chance to experience, but she won’t because she was born into the technological age, and she will never be the same. Although, I never did have a Nintendo or SuperNintendo, we always just had my dad’s old Atari, and we managed just fine with it. My sister and I would play that thing until we would fall asleep. My parents didn’t have a lot of money when I was growing up and so we didn’t get have all the cool things, but you know what we had each other. I played more Barbie, dress up, make believe than anyone will today. I would stay at home during the summer with my sister Celeste and we would have fun together playing or whatever. We are really close today, and it’s all thinks to that darn Atari that we had and playing Kaboom. Thanks for the greatest sister in the world, Celeste. I love you so much, and I’m proud to be a 90’s kid.

No comments: