Thursday, May 11, 2006

Parking Girls!!!

So last Friday Megan and I went to eat at our fav. Chinese food spot, Moon Garden. Then we went to Barnes & Nobles where Brooke acted horribly. Then we decided to take the poor girl to the park since after all she had endured our shopping and eating, when all she really wanted to do was play. While at the park I ran into the girl who watched her when she was really little at the daycare, Jasmine. She had told us that there was a pillow and blanket under one of the big willow trees. So I go and check it out. It's kind of odd because the pillow was not in the pillow case and the pillow case appeared to have something in it. And upon further investigations I noticed a shirt there as well. I had talked to my dad when he called and asked what we should do. No, he assured me it was not necessary to call the police. However, knowing that five year olds get curious we couldn't take any chances and decided to indeed call the police. The policeman came out and said that it was probably a little neighborhood kid just playing camp out with his friends, but then began going through the pillow case full of stuff. He pulled out this persons wallet. Then continued to dig through the pillow case. He found what looked to be a cd case, opened it up, and there was a few needles. The pillow case was lined with what appeared to be a white powderish residue...hmm...needles and white powder...enough said. So he continued digging and later told Jasmine that he thought it could have just been a diabetic, but also found a razor in there. As we stood there calling the police there was a strange tan Dodge truck that was driving by rather oddly. We knew that whoevers it was would not come back for it until way after dark, knowing that the park closes at like 10, they could not take any chances. Here is the picture I captured before the police came to investigate.

If he was a diabetic, there would have been more signs of his condition, but I really don't think so. It also appeared as if this person had been living there or staying there at least at night because of all the trash around this area of the tree. It did not appear to be the local neighborhood kids hang out. I wanted to think that the officer was right and it was all innocent and we had just killed some kids tree party, but when he pulled out the case with the needles, my heart hit the floor and shattered into a million peices. I had trusted this place by bringing my daughter to play and other parents had done the same thing, and now I was dissappointed by our findings. WHY? If you had children you would not want to sell drugs or even posses them in a neighborhood park. Kids become curious and go through things. Some kid could have found that and had a field day with it. From now on I do a thorough search of any park I plan to take my daughter to, to insure the safety of her and of my own.

No comments: