Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Things from the Past!!!

As I sit here reading this girls blog about how her life sucks, and I’m sure it really does suck. I remember back to something my dad has said. If you are nice to people sometimes they take it differently. Meaning sometimes they take it as hey, I’ll let you get in my pants. When all you really wanted to do was be nice and be someone’s friend. Yet you are mistaken for your kindness and it turns into something more. I vividly recall this moment when I was a senior. There was this boy, whose name I don’t remember, and he was a freshman and new to the school. He apparently thought I was hot so he decided to give me a note. I didn’t want to be ugly to him, so I was nice polite and spoke to him. He took it as I was hitting on him. It was homecoming and it was obvious that he was looking for a date. He wanted me to come pick him up. Friday came, we didn’t speak during school hours, but he would call me continuously on the phone. He was obsessed. I didn’t come pick him up so he called my house 20 times and left many different messages. I was embarrassed. I had probably just scared him for life. I had done damage to someone I didn’t even know, and yet it was not intentional.

I’m not really sure as to why I’m a magnet for freaky guys!! Do you? I don’t seek to love many people; I just want to be friends with lots of people. I like people, and I consider myself a people person. But I always attract weirdly odd people….WHATS WRONG WITH ME!! I did have this great boyfriend one time, Jason. I screwed that one up. He didn’t know what he wanted with me, and I was so confused by his confusion I didn’t know what to do. He was truly a really great guy, and had I just stuck it out with him, I probably wouldn’t have Brooke, and I possibly wouldn’t still be living in Middle of no where, Texas. I don’t know, but everything happens for a reason.

I would like to share about how our relationship came to be. After graduating high school, I went back to help my old track coach, doing what I loved best, keeping times, distances, what not. I was in the training room quite a bit, when I decided to introduce myself, and tell this man, whom I belonged to. I guess we hit it off then. But then that weekend, we had a track meet in Kermit. He started hanging out by me, while I was doing my job and picking on me heavily. Well, one thing led to another and he asked if I wanted to go with him to lunch. I said I wasn’t that hungry, but I would ride with him. I just got me some French fries. Then he told me as we were sitting there, that he was going to pay for my food. I said that was alright. Then one evening he had just gotten back from Blaine’s Picnic in San Angelo, and he came by Subway, where I was employed at the time, left me his business card, and told me he lived in 713. I went by after work, since I got off at like 8 or something. Then things began happening, not those kinds of things, but we started bonding and connecting. On Easter, I went to work early so that I could go to the ballgame with him. He came by, got a sandwich and left an Easter card on my car. How sweet. When he would leave town, he would make me play this hide and seek game, only with cards, and prizes, and everyday, there would be a new card, and a new prize. I LOVED IT!! It was fun. I loved him, and I still do. We had our hard times, and things were rough at times, just as in all relationships. He was there all during my pregnancy supporting me every step of the way, and he was there after she was born as well. The most meaningful thing is him coming to visit me the day after she was born.

This man definitely made a huge impact in my life. I definitely want to find someone like him, with the same great attitude and outlook on life. If you’re out there, know that you DID make a difference in my life.

No comments: