Monday, August 28, 2006

My adventures plus more!!!

Alright, I'm back!! I told you I would write about my adventures of last week so here they go.

Last Monday I took Brooke to the bathroom at about 7 in the evening. We get in there, I pull her panties down, and as I get up from bending over, I notice a not so familiar thing on a towel in the bathroom. I took a double take to make sure I wasn't seeing things, and I wasn't. It wasn't a bad dream at all. There was a rattlesnake at Brooke's feet. Comforting you think. I screamed bloody murder, opened the door, hollared to my dad, and grabbed Brooke and ran out. My dad came running down the hall. He had to take a few things out to get to the little buger, but he put him in a bucket, put a lid on it, took him outside, and I'm pretty for sure that he cut his head off. It was scary, but the good thing is that he was not coiled, but stretched out. No one was hurt, which was awesome. Brooke would've been bitten, but she wasn't.

Then on Friday, Brooke and I went outside to swing and play, and ended up playing with the dog. We left the pool side of the backyard and went to the otherside. Our backyard is divided into two sections and is fenced off. One section is quite small and contains the pool and play equipment, while the other side, which is large, belongs to the dog. Its all for safety reasons beceause of the pool. Its always been that way since I can remember. Anyway, we went back to Gina's side of the backyard, and as we were getting ready to go inside, Brooke started running toward the back porch when all of a sudden, flat as a board there's ANOTHER baby rattlesnake on the backporch, I hollered snake, and again for the second time in a couple of days dad comes running, and chops off his head. We showed Brooke the snake, and she still thinks he's on the back porch and in the bathroom. It doesn't stop her from going to the bathroom or going outside on the back porch, but she remembers those bad boys and knows to look for them. I made my dad show the last snake to her while it was still on the shovel dead, so that she could see it up close and understand that they are "bad." Anyway, I hope no one is having the luck that Brooke and I are having. Because Brooke and I seem to find all the rattlesnakes around here. Happy hunting.

Kourt.

3 comments:

Lola Starr said...

Bleh....I hate snakes. That is so scary and weird that you found two in a row!

Megan Gooding said...

My dad has killed 10 of them in the past week at work! They are on the move for sure...

SCH said...

I hate snakes. Even the "good" ones. I don't think there are any of those, but some people do. I am glad I haven't seen any here recently. Keep your feet up!! :)