Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hmmm...

Why have I always felt let down by my mother? Why don't I feel like I can go talk to my mom about anything? Is it because she created this for herself many years ago? Perhaps. Perhaps, I don't know anything about being a parent anymore. All I know is that I come home to the best little welcome anyone could get, it doesn't matter if I've been gone 5 minutes, 5 hours or 5 days, she's still always really excited to see me. That makes my day more than anything. But on days like today, I would like to come home and tell my mom something or talk to her, interact with her someway, but it's not possible. She doesn't care what you have to say, she's not supportive and I can't remember a time when she was. Sometimes, I just want to come home and tell her something funny or sad that happened that day, but I can't because she just lets you talk on commercials or whatever, which really means that she doesn't care. But yet, when she comes home and wants to voice her opinions or talk about her day, we all have to sit down like in a circle indian style, and listen to her and pat her on the back. FOR ONE FREAKING DAY I'D JUST LIKE TO BE TOLD THAT IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OKAY!!! I want someone who will be willing to listen. I think I'm a good listener, and sometimes I like to give advice, but at least you know you can call me up and I'll listen.

No comments: