Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Re-Cap of 2007

I know that 2007 hasn't completely come to a close as of yet, but we are WELL on our way. It's only a matter of days now. So here's a recap of the last year of my life.

January: We celebrated a New Year, one I hoped would bring great things. It didn’t happen. I vowed to lose weight, yes, my friends I did, I did lose some however, but every little bit counts. We planned our family vacation at this time to Sea World San Antonio. I made a new purchase on some new fish. It snowed pretty heavily and it was oh so nice to see it for a change.

February: I celebrated the big 23. I was stuck in an elevator with some haughty business man who was so involved in himself he couldn’t see the forest for the trees. I gave up cussing for lent. Yes, my dear friends it got that bad that I had to give it up.

March: Nothing exciting really, had some sleepless nights with Brooke. As all parents have on occasion. The new IHOP in Midland opened, we went and it was okay. I discovered that I do not like dried fruit that is all mushy and gross. I am a banana chip addict, even though they get stuck in my braces for ever at a time. Midland lost one of the most beautiful buildings it had.

April: Brooke turned the big 3 and made her mommy start feeling old. It seems like just yesterday when I brought that little bundle of joy home to start a new life that included her. It snowed on her birthday which was also Easter, so we had a Easter Bunny Birthday. I took a One Day Blog Silence for the victims at Virginia Tech. We were told that my dad had prostate cancer and this was where my year went to shit. We also found out he was diabetic. My mom let me down for the last time in my life.

May: Everything started being put in perspective. School was ending, my dad was still sick, we were all just waiting on surgery, and for me to go on vacation.

June: Brooke and I took a trip to Sea World San Antonio. My dad had surgery the Monday after I had returned. Things went well, and I sat at the hospital for the better part of a week. I celebrated my 150th post. They remodeled my office while I was away!! WOOHOO for more space and not feeling like I was a sardine in a can.

July: Things began to look up. Fourth of July I cooked out and my dad watched as we set off fireworks for Brooke. My dad continued to get better by walking and just keeping busy with the little things around the house.

August: I started back to school. I didn’t post anything at all about anything. I’m not so sure anything really happened if you know what I mean. I think my sister moved into an apartment, which is super convenient for me. WOOHOO!!! for that.

September: I remembered a man for September 11th. I looked back on the past couple of months and pulled my hair out over school. Not much was written during this time. Perhaps I just didn’t have it in me. Brooke and I stayed sick for pretty much all of the month. We had strep one week the both of us at the same time, and then she took all of her antibiotics for two weeks, then she had it again exactly two weeks later. It was so much fun.

October: One of my best friends got married. My other best friend came to town and we had a blast just hanging out at Toya’s wedding, and going out afterwards. I began to realize that sometimes people were not meant to be in your lives, and the friends that matter still are.

November: Where do I begin? My car broke down on several different occasions. My dad’s cancer returned and he started radiation. I started dating a man and it was great while it lasted. Started talking to someone new and he’s a really nice guy. I replaced the transmission in my car. WOOHOO. Things I thought were going well with Eric. I caught bronchitis and stayed sick most of the month with it. The cough has finally gone away.

December: I find out that things are not going so well with Eric and that’s fine because he made a decision for his family and I completely understand, however it doesn’t take away the hurt. I started talking to someone named Sean. My car broke down yet again on the Interstate in the middle of lunchtime traffic. We celebrated Christmas with the family. My dad had his last radiation treatment the week before Christmas.

I’m looking forward to the New Year where great things happen. Maybe my whole year will go well and not just the first couple of months.

No comments: