Saturday, October 11, 2008

The most amazing six months of my life.

WOW, who knew I'd make it this long with one man.  After about 3 weeks I get tired and move on, sometimes I make it four months then get tired and move on.  However, after SIX MONTHS, I'm not tired and I'm not ready to move on.  There have been a roller coaster of emotions that have happened in the last six months, but I'm not turning lose of them, I'm going to cherish every bit of it.  

Colby and I finally met on April 11 the day before Brooke's birthday party and have been quite inseparable since.  He's been there for Brooke's birthday party, my graduation, Nemo on Ice, move out, move in, move back out day.   He's been there to pick me up and dust me off when I've fallen and gotten dirty.  He's been there to watch Brooke grow.  He's supported me through school, and life, and bad times with my family.  He's been my rock through most of it.  Even before we started dating and were just talking all the time.  He was there to help me through the Gabriel thing. He even told me in the end that I needed to get away from him, boy am I glad I finally listened to him, after all of those months that he listened to me cry about it. He emailed me first about the middle of January and we've been talking on the phone since Superbowl Sunday.   He blamed me for the ear infection he had.  I'd been so sick and he claimed that he got it too via the internet. hahhhaha.  We tried to meet up several times, like I invited him to the drive in with Brooke and I, and he fell asleep on the couch.  Then I invited him to the Ranch with me and some friends, but he forgot his wallet, and then someone else called and said he was in town, so I thought it'd be best that he didn't come, you don't want to stir up trouble when it's not necessary.  Everytime we tried to meet it didn't work out.  It was so disheartening, however, it all worked out in God's time, not mine and not his.  I hope that I've supported him half as much as he's supported me.  I know that I've been a pain in the arse sometimes, but hey, who isn't.  

He has supported me through the most precious time in my life...SCHOOL!!!  He was there to help me out some days with my machine homework and to tell me what stuff meant.  He was there to help me design my house and download some software.  He was there telling me that I needed to go to class and not stay with him sometimes, as much as I wanted to.  He often times came to town to hang out with me after class.  I remember the first official dinner date we went on.  He took me to Cracker Barrel.  What a dinner that was, I LOVED every bit of it, and he made me laugh like no other.  Then we kissed in front of my sisters door.  I have to say that we have not been apart like this in a long time and it's super hard.  But when we get together it's a good time had by all.  We like to watch movies and just cuddle.  It's sooo much fun.  I LOVE it all.  

The most important thing is that he's never quit loving ME and BROOKE.  He's been the best "Daddy" to Brooke, something she's NEVER had.  She loves him soo much and when we aren't there she misses him a lot.  When we go over there she doesn't want to leave.  She loves that man with everything she has.  I love when she walks up to him, gives him a hug and says, "Daddy, I love you."  I know it's hard on him sometimes, but it's been an amazing journey and I hope that the journey never ends.  I remember when he told me that he wanted us to move back to my parents house that it just wasn't working there.  It was so hard on the both of us, but we've made it.  He told me at that instant that it didn't mean that he wanted us out of his life, but this is what we needed.  I've come to appreciate him that much more by being honest with me about that situation.  I love him so much and I can't imagine life without him at this point.  Where these next months will lead us I'm not really sure but I hope the months turn into years.  It's been so incredible.

I'm so thankful and I feel super blessed to have him in our lives.  Tonight we are going to have dinner by ourselves without Brooke.  We need the time to just be ourselves.  

Here are some pictures to document some of the things we've done.  





No comments: