Friday, September 08, 2006

Never Been Kissed!!

Never Been Kissed

I love this movie so much because Josie Gellar reminds me of myself. They call her Josie Grossie while she was in high school and I was mad fun of in some of the same ways. It was rather embarrassing. However I did not want to be a reporter for any reason. As they are sitting in the lunch room at her office she talks about kissing guys.

JOSIE: The right guy is out there. I'm just not going to kiss a whole bunch of losers to get to him.
ANITA: Yeah, but sometimes kissing the losers can be a fun diversion.
JOSIE: When I finally get kissed, I'll know.
ANITA: Okay. If you've never kissed a guy, we got bigger problems than the underwear.
JOSIE: I've kissed guys. I've just never kissed a guy. Felt that thing--
CYNTHIA: "That thing"? Is that what you kids are calling it these days?
JOSIE: That thing. That moment. You kiss someone and it's like the world around you gets all hazy and the only thing in focus is you and this other person and you know that one person is the person you're meant to be kissing for the rest of your life. And for that one moment you've been given this amazing gift and you want to laugh and cry at the same time because you're so lucky you found it, and so scared that it will all go away.

I am Josie Geller. I have kissed many guys but I haven’t felt that “thing” yet, like when you’re kissing someone and everything around you just goes hazy.

At the end of the movie she sets 5 minutes on a clock and stands on the pitchers mound, after a semester of playing a 17 year old girl and falling in love with her English teacher. She is still waiting for that kiss. She sets the clock and waits. As the clock comes to 5-4-3-2-1 she drops the mike. Her hopes and dreams are lost. She thinks she’s never going to get that kiss, but then here comes Mr. Coulsen her English teacher and he runs to the mound and kisses her, and during that kiss everything around her becomes hazy.

I am still standing on the pitchers mound waiting for my clock to be up and for the man of my dreams to meet me on the mound and kiss me. I’m waiting for that one hazy kiss.

1 comment:

Megan Gooding said...

Everytime I see that movie, it makes me think of you b/c I know you love it...haha

We need to get together to do another FCF...maybe we can move it to Saturdays? Will call you soon, if I don't pass out from educational overexhaustion...