Friday, July 22, 2005

Shocked, Surprised, Totally Unreal

I know I know, I haven't written in a few weeks. Those last few weeks have been crazy but have got me to thinking, what am I doing? In a few weeks I will be a snaggle tooth. They will be pulling 4 teeth and then a week later putting me in braces. Not really scared, just a little uneasy about the fact that I probably won't be eating well for a week or so. YIKES!!! If you know me you know how much I enjoy food. WAY TOO MUCH!

How do you react when one of your co-workers, well, he works out in the field, is arrested for aggravated sexual assault with a 5 & 6 year old. Yesterday that is what we faced. He had prior convictions of this sort of thing, but who would have thought, again. Is he dumb? He's not the type of person that we would have ever suspected to do it again. Although, I always knew he was a little different. I think it just hits too close to home, because if I had been that mother he probably would be castrated already. We know too many people. One of my other co-workers has a 5 year old little girl, and we talked about it, and we just can't imagine anyone that sick. What they will do to him in jail and prison, is nothing I wish upon anyone, but you can't rehab sex offenders. They get out and they are back to doing again.

All I can say, is that if you're a parent you watch every move someone makes with your children, and let your children know that they need to tell someone. I don't let Brooke out of my sight, and if anyman touched my child like he did, he wouldn't live to go to prison or jail.

No comments: