Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Age Gauge

Now this is fun...and seeing that I'm not very old I've been through a lot in my lifetime. I noticed with a lot of these that I can tell you where I was, what I was doing, and in a few cases what I was wearing at the time of some of these occurances. For instance when 9-11 happened I was in first period. I was wearing a blue 3/4 sleeve button up shirt, with some khaki capris, and my blue glasses. I had walked by one of the classrooms only to find our asst. principal watching the television. I asked him what was going on, and it was apparent that it was not good. He let me know about the situation. Then the bell rang, and we all navigated to our second period classes like a herd of cattle. Once arriving and looking up at the television screen, the second plane flew right into the second World Trade Tower. That was devastating, this is about the time that it sunk in that the Pentagon had indeed been hit on the Army side where my cousin's office was. He had just left the building when the plane hit, so he went back in to try to offer assistance. I was terrified. They called some meeting for the PowderPuff and I did not go, but went to my mom's office and cried. Why America?, I wondered. What have we done but give aid to so many countries and allow there people here to work, go to school, and to provide a better life for them and their families, and they turn around and stab us in the back. I know that Lady Liberty shed a few tears that fateful day in September. We as a nation were in shock. We did nothing for the rest of the day but talk about the events that had just occured. Many people made a committment to our country that day. They vowed to protect and uphold our freedom. They call themselves Soldiers, I call them heros, idols, risk takers knowing the risks. My cousin who worked for an insurance adjuster place at the time was ordered to go up there for months and work there. What he found was devastating. Things were left, like lives had just stopped and never continued in those buildings. Computers were dusty, breifcases were found. Business was left unconducted for a very long time. Lives were changed. Our country, world, and nation were changed. We as a people were changed.


Age Gauge

This is mine:

You said your birthday is 2 / 4 / 1984
which means you are 22 years old and about:
67 years 3 months younger than Walter Cronkite, age 89
62 years 7 months younger than Nancy Reagan, age 84
59 years 8 months younger than George Herbert Bush, age 81
52 years 4 months younger than Barbara Walters, age 74
50 years 3 months younger than Larry King, age 72
44 years 0 months younger than Ted Koppel, age 66
40 years 7 months younger than Geraldo Rivera, age 62
37 years 7 months younger than George W. Bush, age 59
32 years 7 months younger than Jesse Ventura, age 54
28 years 3 months younger than Bill Gates, age 50
23 years 5 months younger than Cal Ripken Jr., age 45
17 years 7 months younger than Mike Tyson, age 39
13 years 6 months younger than Jennifer Lopez, age 35
8 years 1 month younger than Tiger Woods, age 30
1 year 7 months younger than Prince William, age 23



and that you were:
17 years old at the time of the 9-11 attack on America
15 years old on the first day of Y2K
13 years old when Princess Diana was killed in a car crash
11 years old at the time of Oklahoma City bombing
10 years old when O. J. Simpson was charged with murder
9 years old at the time of the 93 bombing of the World Trade Center
6 years old when Operation Desert Storm began
5 years old during the fall of the Berlin Wall
a 1 year old when the space shuttle Challenger exploded


Post a comment about something that has happened during your lifetime and what you remember of it.

No comments: