Sunday, July 27, 2008

The hardest things in life are death!!!!

Today we looked in Rascal's cage, our hamster, and Colby noticed that she was breathing very heavily and she looked very scared. He picked her up and she was super scared looking. She couldn't move and looked to be having convulsions. It's hard to see your pet going through that and suffering until they die. Colby and I had to make probably the biggest decision of our lives. Do we let her die naturally or do we help her out? Neither one of us could stand to see her suffering so we opted for the latter of the two decisions. We decided on the time and I went to the bathroom and while I was in there the deed was done. I walked back into our bedroom and saw Colby crying. She was already cold as she layed there so peacefully. She was not suffering anymore, but that was the hardest thing Colby has ever done. He told me that himself. Being the man I suppose he felt obligated to do such a thing. I know it was hard for him. He got a box and we told Rascal that we loved her and that we missed her. We went and found Brooke and let her know the news. She was very upset as we all huddled together and cried for the loss of Rascal. It's definitely been a challenge to be a family and make this decision because if I had to do it on my own she would have been left there to die on her own. But I just couldn't do it. I couldn't. It was super hard for him I know and I love him even more because we decided as a family what was best for our pet. I LOVE YOU COLBY!!!

No comments: