Friday, February 08, 2008

Updates


Well, things with me and Gabriel are going good. My birthday has since passed and he was home to enjoy that. I was grateful!!!! My sister, her boyfriend Jimmy, and Gabriel took me out for a surprise little party on the 26th of January!!! I was so happy to see him because he'd been out of town!!! I'm so excited he's in my life, it's amazing to find someone who treats you really well. It started out with the night at dinner, but he'd said he wasn't going to back in town so I thought it was just going to be my sister, Jimmy and I when we loaded in the truck for dinner. Then Gabriel showed up and my night go so much better. It was amazing!!! Then they took me to this Country "club" called The Ranch. Where we danced until morning and drank ourselves silly. He drove so he had one beer!!! I had 3 crown and cokes of my own but when my sister would go out to dance with Jimmy, I would drink hers up!!! Hahahahah, so in reality I had about 4-4.5 crown and cokes. Then my sister and I went to the bathroom, because we go in packs for some reason, and our way back we decided to stop at the bar and get 4 shots of Patron. Sensible, right, there were four of us. Well, Gabriel decides that since he's driving me back he's not going to take his, so who gets it. Yes, the birthday girl of course takes two shots like a trooper!!! He helped me out by blowing in my face so that I would swallow it. A common trick used with children to help them take their medicine because human reaction is that when someone blows in your face you suck for air!!! Just the way it works, I use it on Brooke all the time!!! I felt better this time, as I wasn't so sick, although I did have a double ear infection and cotton growing out of my ears, but whatever!!!! No one knew but the four of us!!! hahahah!!!

It's been a hard adjustment to get used to him being gone a lot, but I'm going to make it. I know I'm going to be okay, and I will get used to it in due time!!!! My dad was never gone because he didn't work in the oil field, so I was not used to it as a child. It's been hard!!! I broke down for the first time yesterday. He's once again out of town and this is something that yes, even I have to get used to. It's the economy around here and without it he wouldn't be here. He's such a great guy!!! I love him to pieces!!! He makes me smile and laugh all the time, even when he's not around!!! I talked to him yesterday and just explained that it's hard when he's gone because it's something that I'm not used to. He has to travel a lot for work and I understand that. But yesterday, my emotions came flowing out. I try to be strong and sometimes it's so hard to do. I kept myself semi-busy yesterday, so that when I finally had a chance to slow down and give him a call, I broke down. All of that days emotions just came crashing down, and he was the lucky one.

I tried to talk about things that involved happiness, and I did a lot of subject changing, but we talked about his job and how this was the life. How my dad has been in construction all my life so he was never gone. It's hard, but this is something that I'm going to have to get used to. Around here you can NOT date people who are not directly related to the oil industry. The company he runs moves drilling rigs. He sometimes has to go out of town to go work on that stuff. It's hard, but I'm slowly adapting. This is the LIFE of WEST TEXAS!!!! I tried so hard to be strong and I feel like I failed. I failed myself at saying that I could do it, and I failed him by not being strong for him. I can do it, I just have to convince myself that it will all be alright!!!! I miss him like nothing else, but I know that he will be back on Sunday and that when I see him again it's going to be the greatest feeling ever, just to give him a big hug and kiss.

In the last post I mentioned that I wanted flowers from someone that I loved on my birthday, and you know what I got them. They are beautiful!!! They came from my sister. They are beautiful. The only thing I wanted was for Gabriel to come home and I got that, so I was pleased. Spending time with him was enough!!!!

No comments: