Friday, February 22, 2008

What is Love?

We all sit and wonder if we'll ever meet Mr. Right, or will he just be Mr. Right now? Then we ask ourselves, what is love? There is no definition of love. Everyone's definition is different. I love this man to the left and there is no doubt about it. We can be doing nothing and we would both be happy just to be in each other's presence.

What he says sums it all up. "I could never leave the one that makes me laugh." I was told this after I found out that he had been in the hospital for two days and I had NO idea!!!! I miss him when he's gone, but absence makes the heart grow fonder. I don't know how and I definitely can not explain it, but it does. I don't love him because he has a great job, his good looks, or because he satisfies me in any other way than emotional, those things are just perks. I love him because even I can stay with him for a night, we can snuggle and the moment I get out of the bed to go to the bathroom, he asks, "where are you going sweetie?"
I love him because I get to call him and wake him up in the mornings so his voice is the first one I hear and he the same. I love him because even when he's super busy at work I can call and talk to him about whatever is bothering me and I know that when I start to cry he is going to be there for me. He will take the time out of his busy schedule to talk to me, no matter what. I love this man because he loves Brooke, and he cherishes that she loves her mommy. I love him because he's just him. He doesn't put on a front to try to make everyone like him, if you don't then screw you. That's just the way he is, what you see is what you get. I love him because even at four thirty in the morning when he leaves for work, he kisses me and tells me to be careful. I love him because he tells me these things not matter where I'm going. I JUST LOVE HIM FOR HIM!!! These things are hard to say because I think we're both just waiting for the other to say it at this point, and I'm not going to say it first. I catch myself wanting to, but I also know I don't want him to run either. I don't want to lose the one good thing in my life right now and that is him. I have Brooke and she'll always be a HUGE part of my life, but at this moment in time and for the last month, he's played a HUGE role in mine and Brooke's life.

No he wasn't able to make it home on Valentine's day, but you know what I was grateful he called. Grateful that no matter what I got to talk to him. It is so hard to get mad at him because he can make you laugh in the same sentence he made you mad in. It's amazing. He makes me laugh and even people at my office have said that I'm much happier with him. They can see it in me. I smile more, I laugh more, and I'm just myself more. I am relaxed with him, and it's amazing!!! I LOVE THAT MAN!!!!

I stayed the night last night, and you know what, we did nothing. I went and got him dinner because he had worked hard yesterday, and at about 10:15 we crawled into bed, and watched some TV, and about 10:30 he turned it down and we cuddled and went to sleep. It was awesome. Woke up this morning and I told him I didn't sleep worth shit, and he said he slept great. He slept great because I was there for him to hold, he stayed cozy, and he wasn't alone. It was AWESOME. Amazing, and I loved every minute of it. What I didn't love was when they came beating on the door at 4:15 this morning!!!!

He is so good with Brooke, and she has taken a liking to him. It takes a long time for her to decide if she likes a man or not. She doesn't warm up very quickly because she's leary of men. She's never had to share her momma with anyone so this is something completely new to her. We went over there Friday and she layed down by him most of the time we were there. She's come a long way from telling him "I don't like you" to sharing her goldfish with him, which is pretty rare too!!!!!

No comments: