Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

First of all let me say Happy Father's Day to all of those men who are lucky enough to be called Father's on this day! Some take it seriously and some do not!

I'm spending my first Father's day away from my Dad and it's been kind of hard. I realize that I've had 25 of the best years of my life with that man, but I do have my own family now. I miss him being there for me a lot of times. I'm so happy to celebrate Father's day with Colby this year and he has taken it awesomely.

My dad has never failed me, he has always been there for me no matter what and I hope that I was there for him when he had cancer. I can only hope that he thought the same thing as he layed in that hospital bed and had his two daughters surrounding him at all times! He has been my hero for much of my life, and I couldn't be more proud of the dad he has been. Now that's not to say that we haven't had rough tough times as most children and their dad's do, but it's been a fun ride. But I'm all grown up now!

No comments: