Monday, September 07, 2009

Today is the day...

that I start a new trend in my life. Letting go of the past which is so hard.  Am I choosing to hold onto it? Probably in more ways than I realize.  Except Colby pointed it out to me.  I tell it to nearly everyone I meet and it's so weird because I've never realized it.  Do I want people to feel sorry for me?  No!  I want to be free from it, and I'm going to have to have God helping me out because I can't do it on my own.  It's time to move on, it's time to make peace with it, realize that I'm definitely a different person, and move on with my life.  I'm going, I'm taking a step in the right direction.  I'm working on letting go.  Becoming a much better person that I've ever been.  Yes, that is part of my childhood, as everyone has a story about their childhood that isn't always good, but if we hold onto those things, what kind of people do we turn into?  I have not held things against Colby from our past why in the world would I hold it against anyone else?  That's just silly.  I must learn from my child in this home.  It's okay to know that bad things have happened to you, but at the end of the day you can not let them affect who you are or the person that you would like to become.  You must deal, realize that either it makes you a better person or that you can become a better person from it.

Here's to starting anew! Why?  Because it's healthy!

No comments: