Sunday, October 04, 2009

Success!

What is success?  What do we define as successful?  Our personal goals that have been achieved and accomplished.  I have succeeded and no longer talk about that thing that I was starting over from... Since that post I have remained true to myself and to who I am, not letting my past and the unfortunate events of part of my childhood become who I am.  I have remembered that while it's still a part of my past and always will be I can not let it define who I am and who I want to be. 

Now today I must conquer something else, and it does not define who I am or who I want to be.  Something that saddens me when I think about it.  He's only been gone a year on October 15th and I'd almost forgotten until I looked at a calendar and on that day there is a little note about how James went to be with God.  Is that a day I will never forget, yes!  It is a day that is forever etched into my brain.  A day that some of us will have vivid memories of for the rest of our lives.  I can't almost paint the picture for you to this day, seeing him hooked up to all those tubes.  That is something I never want to see again.  It's so hard because still to this day when I call my aunt I want to ask how my uncle is doing, how work is going, how he is enjoying retirement!  I have to constantly remind myself that I can not do that.  I see things and I remember him.  I talk about my drafting career and think about how much we had in common as he was the City Engineer in Midland!  I sometimes think, man if he were here I could ask him about some things! 

I truly miss him and always will, maybe this year in celebration of his life, Brooke and I will let a bunch of balloons go..perhaps one for each year I knew him...lets see...25 ballons!

No comments: