Thursday, June 23, 2016

Dear Crohn's,

Thanks for stealing my life and everyone involved in it. You see I no longer get time by myself because for some reason my husband is always too sick to watch our 4.5 year old so I can get away! It never fails, I can plan things for days in advance but it doesn't matter. I'm so sick of you! I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. I guess I should just give up all hope for getting much needed me time! In 5 years I won't even know what that is anymore! 

I'm experiencing caregivers fatigue! You see I not only take care of a 4.5 year old energetic little boy all day but most days I take care of a 33 year old man and our son! I'm beat, I'm worn, I'm tired, I'm depressed, and so much more. Half of the time I don't want to leave the house because I'm so damn depressed and frustrated. It's hard on our family to have one man down 80% of the time. It's a struggle for me because I'm always caring for Stephen. It's a struggle for Stephen because he doesn't understand why his daddy can't always play with him. It's a struggle for Colby because he feels so helpless in this fight! My family is super affected by this! If for one moment anyone ever thinks that someone's chronic illness doesn't affect everyone around them, you are WRONG! Everyone is left feeling helpless while trying to help the sick one cope! 

Crohn's, if I ever meet you in a dark alley somewhere, please know you will not live to tell anyone about my wrath! Beware Crohn's, we are coming for you and you will be DEFEATED! 

No comments: