Thursday, April 28, 2005

Boy, Wasn't That Scary

Well, yesterday Brooke and I went to Wal-Mart, she screamed and cried the whole time we were in there, and yes, I have become that parent that everyone says they won't. I bought her a toy to occupy her, did it work, yes, was it cheap...only way to go. However I always told myself that I would never be that parent that let their kid scream through the store, or buy them a toy because of it. And as if that couldn't be bad enough, I saw her sperm donors mother and niece standing right behind me as we picked out some apples for her to take for snack. I had seen some people that I and my family knew in the store, and its a good thing that they passed me at this time. I just gently and quickly pulled her to the side and asked for her help in this situation. She calmly took Brooke, and Brooke took to her without crying, walked away from them and I just kept picking apples. I then acted as if nothing was going on and walked away, while actually following my daughter and our friends. I'm not really sure if his mother saw me or us, but I'm hoping that she didn't recognize me. I think I've changed so much from before I was pregnant to the post pregnancy stage. I was hoping that this moment would never come for the simple fact that you're never really ready. Had it not been for those friends of ours, I probably would have panicked. But instead I remained calm, then I saw them getting into the check out line, so we again headed the other direction until I knew they were gone. They are those kind of people that you would rather just never see again.

No comments: