Tuesday, January 03, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

Check Out Blinkyou.com for thousands of custom glitterz and layouts


I hope that everyone had a SAFE and a happy new year!!! I spent mine with Pink Eye. Woke up on Saturday morning with two very matted eyes, then later discovered, while driving my sisters car, that something was wrong, very wrong. The sun was bothering my eyes very badly, to the point of wanting to sleep. I got home looked in the mirror and just what did I see...two very pink glass like eyes staring back at me. They hurt very badly, so we got Brooke and Lyndsey dressed and headed to town. She had to drive because, well, we would've had a wreck if I had driven. I wore my sunglasses all around town, and was not able to see because I had to take my eyes (contacts) out. I was in bad shape, I cried it hurt, I smiled it hurt, I laughed it hurt. I decided to do none of the above and hide in the palm of my hands most of the way to town, all around town, and most of the way home. I had pink eye, it was New Years Eve, Brooke and I were home alone, and dangit I had no one to kiss when the clock struck 12. Of course even if I'd had someone to kiss I was in bed looong before 12. I made sure I ate my black eyed peas for luck, and boy should I be lucky this year, because I tested them every couple of hours. Even Brooke had her fair share. I bought myself some Barefoot Bubbly Chardonnay Champagne, and Brooke had her some Sparkling Apple Cider. She was a little lush having two glasses, of course so did I, but its just no fun celebrating a lone.

My parents being out of town wasn't so bad even if things did happen while they were gone. Celeste and I made a deal that if she kept Brooke Thursday evening I would get up Friday morning and go feed at 5:45. Sounded like a deal to me. A good nights sleep without little feet in your ribs, who could pass that up. It was good to get up that early, it got me motivated for the day. Friday evening we managed to break a waterline, and I nearly caught myself on fire. Just a few burnt arm hairs was all the damage there was....no big deal. Over all our dinner was good, the waterline got fixed, and no one got injured. I think my parents were pleased that overall everything went well. Til next time America....

1 comment:

Megan Gooding said...

A fire and waterline break are pretty good. You can at least thank your lucky stars that you didn't burn another egg roll...that you would have never lived down ever!