Monday, October 17, 2005

Rather exciting...not so exciting...well, kind of...

This weekend was definitely an interesting one to say the least. Talked to Paige on Friday during lunch, and she had gotten Brooke a mum, then I found out later, that they had in fact secured some cheerleading outfits for Brooke...hmmmm.

Friday afternoon we ran around town looking for shoes and tights, and found some, courtesy of PayLess...YIPPIE. They are awesomely cute shoes, and well, tights are tights. We went to the parade and watched Paige ride on a motorcycle with Mr. Calt. WOO WOO!!! Anyway, we were bombed by candy, which most of it ended up in the flooded curb water..yuck...and at points we had to shield Brooke from the flying suckers...to anyone who's ever been hit in the head with one, all I can say is it hurts. Then we went to the PepRally and watched Paige cheer, and Brooke got to go on the field with her for a little while. They were so cute together. I'll post pictures at a later date. Then, this is the exciting part, they take me back to my car, which we left on the street to ride together to the peprally, and wouldn't you know it, Kourtney lost her keys. We looked high and low until I finally broke down to call dad, you guessed it, I'm sure he was probably very angry. Mrs. Bates and I looked high and low for them out in the street, no such luck. Paige came back with her car, and we sat in it for a little while and then while looking at Brooke's diaper bag, I realized there was a pocket we had failed to look in. I looked and what do you know, they were in that pocket. So I screamed and cried and called my dad and told him to turn around and go home. Thanked them for watching out for me and such, and we were on our way home.

Saturday we woke up late...8:30, which is late for Brooke, and we were on the run from the moment our feet hit the ground. We got dressed and ready to go, got the coats in the car, because it was looking mighty chilly out, and were on our way. It was a mad house there. We got there and Paigers put Brooke's mum on, and we headed up to our seats. Brooke was really good while we were there. Steven Anderson came to join us for the 1.5 quarter left and we had a good time together. While not much was said, just being there with him was amazing. He looked stunning in his uniform. Then I got a call from my sister Celeste asking me to come watch Zachary's game. We were just a few minutes away so I said what the heck. We went and watched and weren't out there more than 10 minutes before it starting raining, so we sat it out in the back of her car.

Then, we went to Mr. Gatti's when one of my nephews friends came out of the bathroom and told us that there was a man looking under the bathroom stalls. We quickly finished eating and got the heck out of there. Then we went home.

My weekend was good, just a blowing and a going. Thanks to the Bates and the Calts for everything.

No comments: