Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Weather Outside is Frightful...

A flower out behind our office

Its funny how much people complain about not getting any rain, but they don't thank our Heavenly Father when it does rain because they're too busy complaining about how it's raining. Do you know someone like this?

Well, the rain is here and there is nothing we can do about it. It is raining rather heavily today and I'm enjoying it. Okay, so my hair doesn't look all that great this morning. But I will have one bad hair day just because it is raining. There's always tomorrow for my hair.

The cotton farmers are enjoying this along with my nephews little pig, Daisy. I'm actually enjoying the fall like weather we have been having. It's pretty nice because we usually have just Summer and Winter. Who knew there was a Spring and Fall? Not here in West Texas. Is that when the leaves change colors and fall gracefully to the ground and the beautiful wild flowers bloom and fill the fields with sheets of vibrant color? I happen to enjoy looking at the field in front of our office that is a sheet of yellow, and the field behind us is full of God's painting of different colors. He is truly amazing in creating such wonderful life paintings in front of our very eyes. I also like the wildlife that spring brings around, baby birds chirp in the sunny trees, butterflies flutter from flower to flower with elegance and grace like a swan, and the hummingbirds come to my house to see if my mom has put out their feeder. The baby kittens frolic in the front yard, and watch with amazement as the bunnies do the same thing.

Find something to thank God for today. Whether it be the sun smiling upon us showering us with love, or the clouds that fill the sky and then drop buckets of God's love upon us, almost as if all the angels in Heaven were rejoicing with tears of joy.
Here is a poem I found...it's short and sweet. Enjoy!!

The Rain

Pitter-patter, raindrops,
Falling from the sky;
Here is my umbrella
To keep me safe and dry!

When the rain is over,
And the sun begins to glow,
Little flowers start to bud,
And grow and grow and grow!

No comments: