Friday, November 11, 2005

Snakes

Everyone's creepiest subject...eeks. Snakes do not bother me from afar, however when you open the door to walk out your kitchen and into the garage and are greeted by one, not my idea of fun. Okay, so this really did happen a few nights ago. There is a door that leads from the kitchen into the garage, and I walked out, put my right foot down and heard something. Looked down and there he was looking at me like a nice piece of steak. He was only 1.5 feet long but big enough to make you hurt yourself. I was just stepping out to put a dirty diaper in the trash, but was quickly summoned back inside. I screamed bloody murder, shut the door quickly...lets go with slammed the door quickly, locked the baby lock, and hollered for my dad to come kill him. Not a minute later you hear the sound of someone pounding a hoe on the concrete, he had come to hoe off his head. Comforting, I stepped outside with the confidence my dad had killed him to see my dad pick up Mr. Snake and drag him outside the garage for more hoeing. Whats left on our garage floor is a sight to see, a reminder to look before you step out. The snake had a nice warm place as he was on some carpeting and in front of our big freezer, which I'm sure was producing heat.
The next night my dad went to Stanton, and I went to Big Spring leaving my mom and Brooke at home alone. I get a phone call while driving home saying not to open the garage door because the dog was in there, mom had just shot a snake to death on the back porch. That same evening my neighbor called to tell us that her dog had been bitten on the head by a rattlesnake and she found it dead. So three snakes dead in two days. We have not had much luck with snakes lately. Watch out they're out right now.
Happy snake hunting!!!!

No comments: