Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Christmas....


....so I didn't get my trip to Tahiti, nor an engagement ring, but I'll survive with what I did get.


Christmas was good, I got a lot of neat things, but most importantly was watching the joy and excitement on little Ms. Brooke’s face as she tore into the wrapping paper. She received a few toys, but she really got a cool tricycle thanks to Celeste, and a HUGE covered wagon courtesy of Santa. She wanted Poppi to pull her around on Christmas morning as she climbed into it. She also got some books, clothes, and some money.

I got this cool little Shower bug radio.

As well as a statue of a profile of a mother kissing her baby. So awesomely powerful and very moving. I got the book “My War: Killing Time in Iraq” by Colby Buzzell. I haven’t started reading it yet, but hope to soon. I also got a few cute little nick nacks and such, and they are fun. On Sunday I slept most of the day as I was not feeling well, while Brooke and her Poppi, my dad, went outside and played on her *NEW* toys. I’m guessing she had fun, and after that they came in and watched my new movie The Polar Express, if you’ve never seen it you’re missing out on some incredible animation.

All in all we had a good time, and more importantly was making sure that Brooke had a good Christmas as well.

I hope that everyone who reads this had a fantastic Christmas and didn’t get coal or twigs in their stockings.

Next Up: A New Years Spent by Myself...the tale of how my parents left me to celebrate the New Year alone...bah humbug.

No comments: