Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2008

Today we remember the victims of a senseless tragedy on American soil. I choose to remember someone special today as I do every year. He was a dad, a husband, a brother, and a son. He is remembered by me on this special day. Please go visit my post about Lt. Charles Joseph Margiotta. Lets pay all these fine men and women who lost their lives a nice tribute today, because after all, it's their day.

I can tell you exactly where I was on this day 7 years ago. I was sitting in first period when I went to go collect attendance, one of my principals found me and asked if I had seen or heard about what was going on. I said no and he quickly filled me in. I can tell you exactly what I was wearing and how my hair was done. I remember all the small details about that day. I remember wondering if a family member was okay as he worked in the Pentagon. Come to find out he had just left minutes before the "plane" hit the pentagon. He went back inside to help get people out. Countless people lost their lives at the hands of others who were using America's resources and would eventually pay us back in the worst way ever.

Lets honor the people who lost that fight today. Make America proud.

To honor someone for many years to come if you wish to do so, go sign up at http://www.dcroe.com/2996 .

God Bless America!!! Stand Tall & Proud!!!!

No comments: