Sunday, July 16, 2006

To the Zoo!!




Well Saturday my mom really hacked me off so I got Brooke dressed and we left. I'm sorry but it was 8:30 in the morning and I had been up since like 6:45. Anyway, we left and as we're driving down the road my sister calls. Well, as it got later we decided to go to the Abilene Zoo and take the kids. This is something that we had been planning on doing all summer, and the opportunity presented itself so we naturally took it. It was explained to me later that this was set up, which it was not. More thoughts on my mother later. Here are some pictures.

The Zoo sign outside of no other than the Zoo. :-)

Pink Flamingo sleeping


The Bear

Spider Monkey

Elephant

Us feeding the Giraffe, that was the best part

The Giraffe running at us...They are beautiful creatures.

Its a rather small zoo, so there wasn't that much to see, but the background is this beautiful lake. It was really beautiful. I think I would take Brooke again, just because it was cheap to get into, and it was small enough that people were there but you weren't having to fight the crowds to see anything, there weren't but about 3 people at any place at the same time. It was really nice. The only bad part was that it was probably over 100 degrees out there, and that concrete and asphalt just radiated the heat. It was nice though.

No comments: